Sunday, July 12, 2009

Warp

Seriously... someone ought to write a giant book about this play. Collect Neal Adams' sketches and drawings, collect snapshots and publicity images, and just lay it all out for people to see.

I was first made aware of "Warp" through an old old old magazine called "The Monster Times". I guess it tried to copy Forry Ackerman's Famous Monsters formula but just didn't last as long. Anyway, secreted in the back were ads for various monster and comic-related merchandise. Among the items my young eyes spied was a poster of the image displayed above: Neal Adams' DC characters lined up against the characters he designed for "Warp".

I've been chasing around for more info ever since.

Sure, I read the comic published by First Comics so I'm kinda familiar with the storyline, but that's not what I'm after. I'm after that creative spark, that energy, that little bit of being there, that theatre, that drama, that excitement that I only glimpsed in an old issue of Fantastic Films magazine that offered snapshots of the actors and sketches of the characters.

No comments: