Friday, November 21, 2008

There are others like me out there

A site that might understand: Rebel Dad.

Unlike this one, which is trying to sell me on something.

I didn't stay home to be an entrepreneur. I started staying home six years ago because the daycare we had set up for our son would've matched us up with a teenaged girl who just didn't seem to have much enthusiasm for taking care of babies. We certainly didn't want to pay more than $1000US a month for that kind of care. So my wife tearfully asked if I might take some paternity leave and stay home for as long as I could. I think it ended up being about 3 or 4 months, and it worked out so well that I've been doing it ever since.

I like being home for my 3 kids. I may not be the best housekeeper in the world, but I'm there for my kids everyday. Now if only I could get paid for it somehow...

In the meantime, a video.

No comments: